August is here and would you believe that the current Youth Ministry has been going strong for six months? I can’t believe how fast time has gone! We have really done some great stuff this summer and I know God will continue to bless us as we grow our ministry. With school starting, we will begin a rotating schedule of events to keep things consistent during the school year and to help us better serve you, our parish and the community.
- Moving forward into the fall, the first Sunday of the month we will show films. This fall, the films will focus on social justice, martyrs and faith .
- The Second Sunday will be for prayer and scripture.
- The third Sunday for service
- The 4th Sunday will be for High School age students only (small faith group, activities etc.)
- On months when there is a 5th Sunday we will return to the Humane Society to volunteer.
- Information for these things will be detailed individually in the newsletter and on our calendar.
- Of course I always welcome feedback and ideas from you! This is YOUR ministry and I want to hear what you need from me and/or your parish to help you grow as disciples of Jesus.
- For those of you reading this who haven’t come to ChrisTeens Youth Ministry yet, please take a look at our calendar! Pick a Sunday to join us and be a part of this growing ministry! All Are Welcome!
- Also, We are beginning our fundraising efforts to send youth to the Nation Catholic Youth Conference. We have 4 youth currently committed to going. Ashlee Velasquez, Bianca Reyes, Isabella Bennett, Elizabeth Ladnier and a chaperone. The cost is $495 per person plus meals. We are hoping to raise $3000 to cover all costs.
- We will begin with hosting Coffee & Donuts on August 13th. All donations will go to NCYC trip fund.
- We are also going to be selling t-shirts. These shirts will have the name of our church on the front and scripture on the back. They will be available in English and Spanish.
- On September 10th we will be hosting a pancake breakfast for the entire parish.
If you have any questions or want more information about Youth Ministry, you can contact me via email email@example.com , phone: 270-683-5641 I am happy to talk to you or your parents about Youth Ministry! You call also follow us via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
I look forward to seeing, working and praying with you this month and I hope you are as well! – Aynde Bennett