By: Ashley Wilkerson
Blessings to each of you on this fourth Sunday of October! Today begins our Fall Stewardship Campaign for Sts. Joseph and Paul called “Growing your Faith through Generosity”. As a special gift to each member, we will be handing out “little burgundy books” that will focus on our stewardship of time, talent and treasure for the next four weeks. Sts. Joseph and Paul is a parish that constantly works to be good stewards of our time and resources. Our annual Block Party, our missionaries who go to Haiti, our efforts to reach out to the lost all reflect our strong belief that stewardship is essential to the growth of our faith. I read an article recently by Brandon Cox who is the pastor of Grace Hills Church and their philosophy about giving and I’d like to share a little of it with you.
- We believe you should NOT give out of guilt.
- We believe you should NOT give under pressure.
- We believe you should NOT give because of what others think.
- We believe you should NOT give to get rich in return (financially, that is).
- We believe you should give freely, because you can give and not because you have to give.
- We believe you should recognize that ALL that you have is a gift and that it’s really just “on loan” while you manage it for God during this earthly life.
- We believe you should give as an investment in eternity, knowing that the souls of people who are saved and changed will last forever. Where your treasure is, there your heart – your attention and affection – will be as well..
- We believe you should give in faith, trusting that God is going to provide for your needs, so that your faith stretches and grows even bigger than before.