Sacred Liturgy Committee
Lavida Mischel, Committee Chairperson
Liturgy is ‘the summit towards which the activity of the Church is directed… (and) the font from which all her power flows.’
– Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy, §10
The goal of the Sacred Liturgy Committee is to enable the People of God to engage in full, conscious, and active participation in the celebration of the sacred liturgy. The Committee meets on a regular basis for prayer and planning. The members of this committee, along with the pastor, discuss and make recommendations on certain policies guiding our liturgical practices. The committee also focuses on providing rich prayerful experiences through careful planning, educating and evaluating of the liturgical celebrations as to the rites, pastoral aspects, environment and music. It is our hope to have a wide variety of parishioners present, so that all areas of liturgical ministry are represented.
The Sacred Liturgy Committee
- Coordinates the recruitment, training and scheduling of liturgical ministers.
- Oversees the planning for Liturgies for various seasons and events.
- Provides education to the parish community relating to liturgical seasons, celebrations, and practices.
- Fosters an openness to diversity and inclusiveness in the liturgical celebrations of this parish.
- Supports the inclusion of youth in the liturgical life of the parish.
- Implements any liturgical changes called for in the new General Instruction of the Roman Missal.