As we enter into Holy Week, the prayer and activity in your parish will be ratcheted up a notch or two. These extended opportunities are being offered to help us to more fully enter into these Holy Days, so we can experience the death, dying and resurrection of Jesus. I pray that you will take full advantage of these prayer experiences.
Here are some of those opportunities.
- Tuesday, April 11th, The Chrism Mass will be celebrated with our Bishop William F. Medley at 6:30pm. This Mass takes place at the Sportcenter. At this Mass, the bishop blesses the oils that are used for the Sacramental life of our church: Oil of Catechumens, Oil of the Sick, and the Sacred Chrism.
- Wednesday, April 12th, The Stations of the Cross will be walked at Noon in our Church. Walking the Stations of the Cross helps us to enter into what Jesus did for us as we picked up his cross and walked to his crucifixion.
- Wednesday, April 12th, Confessions will be heard after the 5:30pm Mass. Fr. Julio Barrera and Fr. Carl McCarthy will be available to share with us the loving mercy of God and heal us from our sins.
- Wednesday, April 12th, the movie “The Passion of the Christ” will be shown in the Parish Hall.
- Friday, April 14th, help is needed at 8am for a morning of Work and Prayer. In this time, we will work together to ready our Church and grounds for the upcoming festivities of Easter.
- Friday, April 14th, all are welcome to come to the “Viacrucis,” which is the Live Way of the Cross that our Hispanic brothers and sisters are walking. The devotion begins at 2:30 pm in the Church and will end in the Brescia University Court Yard and Chapel.
- Saturday, April 15th, we are in need of extra hands to decorate our church and grounds for Easter. Work will begin at 8am in the church. Please come. All are welcome.
Again these activities serve as added ways that we can ready ourselves to enter more fully into Holy Week, Triduum, and the Easter Celebrations. I encourage you to look throughout this week’s bulletin and our website (stjpc.org) and Facebook pages for a complete list of Holy Week activities in our parish.